Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fun day at the tables

Well today was meant to be a day off but CR added these fun tables where you can play with pros and quite simply they are JUUUUUUICY. I need to concentrate on playing my A game at these tables because I honestly think a win rate of 15+ bb/100 is acheivable. I thought these tables would be hard and Im sure they are at times but god today they were soft when I was playing. I played a bit with sbrugby and people were just donating. I didnt play great though and Im putting in a session now Im currently up about $20 running at 6.5 bb/100 but i made a couple uber donk moves just overplaying a few hands. I'll jsut outline a few of the donk hands below suckouts and bad play:

JJ goes down to 86s in horrific fashion
KK loses to QQ when he flops a set but I should've folded the flop and only lost $2 instead of $9
Flopped a set with 66 on a co-ordinated board and didnt fold, should've only lost $1 instead of $8
lose a 60/40 for 300bb pot when I cant hit a OESFD
AA goes down to JJ AIPF J on flop

so while I overplayed some hands, some (big) pots(the last two) I got it in a good favourite to make money but instead of being up $25 I'm down $25 a tough $50 difference. tough beats in big pots but Im still up $20 so im confident I can beat this game pretty convincingly.

It's funny, sitting with brian I didnt really feel intimidated I've watched his videos and felt I had a good read on his plays. I didnt run overly hot when playing at that table and didnt play overly well but I certianly didnt think Brian ran over me and I'll be more than happy to sit at his table and still say I have an edge over the overall table. the donators who will sit just to say they did is just sick but so profitable it makes me happy all over.

Along with losing those big pots today I had some disappointment in my token race i played some really good poker to win a $75 token in my two table tourney but then in the tier 3 I just didnt get anything. It's disappointing because I felt I played pretty close to optimal but the cards jsut didnt come. I cant complain because i did win a few coin flips in the tier 2 but I felt like one of those tools just calling 1 time. Hoping for a bit of luck and run good because damn that first $300 wouldve made a big difference to my roll heck even the $120 or so for 3rd wouldve been more than welcome. I'll probably keep trying with these though as the two table tourneys are pretty soft and if i can get a few hands at the tier 3 a few times it could be extremely profitable.

will post a beginning bankroll for june at the end of my session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home